News

Gauteng social development dept says mother of ‘Tembisa 10’ is not missing

Spread the love
South African woman gives birth to 10 babies at once: report

ATTENTION EVERYONE! The Gauteng social development department says the mother of the “Tembisa 10” has contacted them after a missing person’s case was opened.

It was announced on Friday afternoon: “The Gauteng Department of Social Development wishes to confirm that the mother of the decuplets is not missing.”

“She has contacted the Gauteng Department of social Development and the department will make an announcement in due course. The provincial SAPS have been notified.”

“Until it is ready to do so”. Said the department and they also added that they would not be taking any interviews.

A missing person’s case was filed at the Tembisa South police station on Thursday.

According to the report, Gosiame Thamara Sithole went missing on 6 June.

It is alleged her water broke and she was last seen going to Esangweni clinic in Tembisa.

We are still awaiting the Gauteng police comment on the case. 

Earlier this week, the Pretoria News reported that Sithole, 37, gave birth to decuplets at an undisclosed Pretoria hospital.

Her pregnancy has been shrouded in secrecy.

Thabo Masebe who is the spokesperson in the Gauteng premier’s office previously said: ”Private and public health facilities in Gauteng said they have no record of the birth.”

Authorities have been trying to trace the mother and her 10 babies all week.

At the Esangweni clinic, workers said they knew her only by sight and claimed she never attended antenatal classes. 

The clinic is the closest public healthcare facility to where Sithole lived.

“She would often visit in the afternoon and sit outside. She would never come in for checkups. She’d say she is waiting for her husband to fetch her.” Employees said.

They added the father, Teboho Tsotetsi, would often show up. 

The last time that Sithole was seen at the clinic was during last week. 

News24 went to the Tsotetsi home for comment.

The family referred all comment to Pretoria News editor Piet Rampedi who broke the story earlier this week. He did not respond to News24’s enquiries.

Tsotetsi’s phone was also off.

News24 earlier reported his, Sibongile Gxekwa, 47, was devastated after hearing the news.

Gxekwa poured her heart out and said Tsotetsi started seeing Sithole behind her back in 2020.

“He has not told me anything about his new 10 children. He promised that we would talk about his new children upon his return from Cape Town on Wednesday.

“He has ordered me not to speak to the media about this matter. He has threatened to chase me away from our marital home,” she said. 

Leave a Reply